Friday, May 1, 2015

Family History Missionary- Transfer


Our Zone
Add caption
Fun Pictures
Add caption
Add caption
Add caption

I had transfers! So yea big news now is that I'm one of the new family history consultant missionaries in the Lima Peru north mission. There are two comparisons of this calling, and I'm in the part in a place called San Juan de Lurigancho. Its the last and only part of the mission that I had never been to, so I was thrilled to be able to see the three different zone of the mission and be working in this new calling!
We do not work in the mission office, but work in the different stake centers and chapels here in this area. we travel everyday to be in a different chapel and work in the family history center of the stake or chapel.Our purpose is to be able to help the recent converts and menos activos that have come back to the church STAY and be able to make it into the temple. We first teach a detailed lesson about the spirit world and the importance of family history work. We talk about D&C 138 and what it is that Jesus did during his three days dead. And then we help them create an account in Family Search, explain the program to them, and give them homework to be able to find their information about their ancestors so they can reserve names to go to the temple.

We also organize trips to the temple and bring them so they can enter and do the work. Its really really cool!!!
I'm just in the process of learning and knowing how to best magnify my calling, but its super interesting this unexpected twist of fate you could say. My new companion is Hermana Inca, she is from Ecuador is 21, and is finishing her mission in this transfer.

My Companion made me a grilled cheese sandwich- It was heavenly! :) 



Our New Apartment- I love my couch- I am blessed, this is really nice!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! what a nice picture, it's very cool.thank you so much for share with us. please check it out bt email helpline

    ReplyDelete