Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Decorating For Christmas!



We have a baptism! We are super excited and were going to do all that we can to "protect the date" as they say. If all goes well two young men that have an aunt that is a member will be baptized. Were slowly getting to know the family and they`ve accepted to get to know the church a little better and take the charlas (or discussions). We`re really hoping that with time they will accept it and that we can complete the family.


During the week we worked as usual, and we had service which was awesome! A member owns a shop (like a gas stop cookie mart) and she had us decorate for Christmas. It was AWESOME and made me really happy becuase as those who know me have discovered, I LOVE to decorate for the Holidays. She put on some Spanish Christmas music and it made me feel at home :) To add a special touch I had the idea to hang snowflakes and ornaments from the ceiling. I was trying to explain the idea to my companion, and she didn't know what snowflakes were. So we bought some paper and boom I taught her how (and she was better at it than I was). We hung them all up and the store looks fantastic (or well you can judge). 



We found some new menos activos in our area that had moved to Collique and had stopped asisting. Its interesting to see how many members there actually are here in Peru, but our problem is retention. We working to try and have REAL converts and for this our president has asked that we memorize D&C 20:37... (ha ha I can't remember the reference) but the scripture that talks about the requirements for baptism. I hope that our potential baptism will be good and that they stick it out throughout their lives.


This week well have a Multi- zone meeting, our t shirts will be done and well have a baptism so what more can a missionary ask for? Remember to study your scriptures EACH day! 

This picture I drew - will be our zone T-shirts!
A hairless dog- these are found often in Peru


Love,
Hermana Bowers

No comments:

Post a Comment