Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Lehi's Vision Here In Peru

So the big thing that happened this week was our Stake wide missionary activity! 

We recreated the experience of Lehi's vision with the rod of iron for the people here in independencia! We sectioned off the Stake Center, had blindfolds and a rod in which the people had to follow to either the room of darkness or the celestial room. 

We had people tempting and trying to sway the people as they made there way through this maze of rope. Afterwards, depending on if they let go of the rope at all, there were two different talks in two different rooms. The celestial room had our Stake President who gave a talk about the rod of iron and how we need to endure to the end. It was all in white and we had a white tree with sparkling white christmas oriments that my companion painted.

The other room was all dark, with only a strobe light and creepy haunted house music. In that room was one of our Zone Leaders, Elder Perez, who was dressed in all black he talked to the people who let go of the rod/rope and explained how it was a parable for the way of God in our lives. We had a projector which showed the image of the celestial room and showed the people what they could have had. he admonished them to not make the same mistakes in life or he'd been seeing them again soon ha ha ha. Afterwards people were given a ticket and with the ticket they could get food to eat and mingle with others. 

It was a little stressful in the beginning because we did not know quite how everything was going to work, but it turned out to be a roaring success and the members are still talking about it. We had some of our investigadores come as well and they made it to the celesital room! My companion and I were stoked and glad they understood the activity and had a good time. 

Other than that, our week was pretty normal. We did divisiones, or I think the English term is splits, and I was basically cut loose with a youth for a companion. It was interesting and showed me that I have still a lot to learn before I can be the senior companion!

Also I taught the gospel principles class for the first time this Sunday, and my companion and Ward Mission Leader said it went good! So good in fact that my Ward Mission leader wants me to teach indefinitely from now on. He says it will help me learn Spanish a lot faster. Its kinda daunting to think about, but I trust my Ward Mission Leader and yea we'll see how it goes!

We have our first multi zone meeting this Thursday and of course Mothers day this weekend. I'm stoked out of my mind and can't wait to be able to talk to with my family! Remeber families are forever folks! 

Thank you for all your love and support everyone, it means a lot :)

Love
Hermana bowers

No comments:

Post a Comment