Tuesday, September 16, 2014

P-Day with the Hermana's

Beautification Day
Face Mask 
Hermana's beautification Day 
P-day last week was a blast. We had a p day of hermanas in our area, and we went and changed into our pj's, We had a yummy lunch of complete (glorified hot dogs with bread) then we made a face mask,We had a foot bath concoction, and then we had yummy pop corn as we watched 17 Miracles (IN ENGLISH BOO YA) and chatted away! I got to see Hermana Cunninham from my district in the CCM again as well as Hermana Luna (she was in the same house as I, when I first started, (and she really helped me get through my first 3 months adjusting to the mission).

Later we had a crazy service activity where we made a fireman line and hauled rocks from one level to another. The girls are well a little more delicate so we helped empty the buckets that the Elders had heaved up and threw the rocks into the pile that they had formed earlier. The rocks were covered in some type of soot so our hands and arms were just black black black. At the end it looked like we had been working in some type of coal mine ha ha!

After that the week was normal. Our investigator Joel didn't come to church, so the date we had for him to be baptized this Saturday fell through. All in the Lords time I guess and we will keep trying to hunt him down and continue to teach him. I gave a talk again in Church this Sunday, and my companion said she could understand me clearly, so that was a success for me. We found another investigator that wants to be baptized, and he lives literally in the middle of no where. Just when I thought I knew all of our area, we got surprised that there is a little trail that leads to another valley where these people live. The circumstances are really humble, and I'm really grateful that we have running water in our apartment.

That is all for this week, thanks for sticking it out with my folks, Today I completed 8 months! This is my last month "subiendo" as they put it -of going up hill. Keep me in your prayers and Carry on Carry on Carry on!!!!!!!!!
Love, Heather


Heart Attacking our investigators.



No comments:

Post a Comment