Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Almost time to leave the CCM.

So don't have a lot of time so I gotta make this snappy!

Flags outside the CCM to represent different countires

First off, I just want to say how much of a blessing America is. We went out tracting in Lima North again this Saturday and it was just another really humbling experience. Also I wanted to say how much of a blessing a state side mission is! I think that every American is kinda bummed when they find out that they are still serving in the states. However, many of these peoples dreams that I've met at the CCM is to travel to America and be able to learn English. I am so thankful and know that I am blessed to have English as my first language and be able to have a home to return to, forever, in America.

At the end of the Latinos 2 weeks there is always a fireside telling them to learn English, because it is the language of the restored gospel. They want them to be able to read the scriptures and listen to the voice of the prophet directly, and not through the tongue or translation of a translator. So ya, I am grateful for English and I'm grateful for America. We said goodbye to another batch of missionaries, and now it is our turn in two weeks with these upcoming Latinos. My district is the advanced group now, and it honestly boggles my mind soooo sooo soooo much.

My Companion and I with one of our favorite CCM teachers Bro. Whiter.
Saturday out in the Field was a lot tougher this time. I thought I would have learned a lot more Spanish and would be able to at least be of some help to my companion, but nope. Ha ha she would try to include me and I would just look around dazed and stutter a testimony about temples or something. Not quite sure if it even pertained to the lesson, but at least God knows I'm trying. I felt like we wandered around a lot and I was too shy and scared to try and talk to people. I am resolving to not make this mistake again and be like Brigham young or Hyrum or Samuel and just be crazy about speaking to everyone about the gospel.

My district with Bro. Whiter

I only have two more weeks left here at the CCM and am admittedly nervous!!!!! The CCM is like a little slice of America here in Peru, and I don't know what my life is going to be like when I'm out in the field in Lima Norte. My mission is the smallest mission in Peru, one of the smallest in South America and is contains some of the poorest places in Peru. I'm anxious to see what life is going to be like. Lima Norte actually use to be huge, but after the age change I guess they cut it all up and divided it into different parts. Regardless, the end all of this that I am grateful for the opportunity I have to be here and learn and teach, and I know God has put me here and assigned my to this mission for some reason-- so I'm happy and interested to see what good I can do.

Me point to my mission. It is the smallest in Peru and in South America.

Other than that, life here at the CCM is pretty much the same as always. Class class class, eat, class class class, eat, class class plan sleep. Repeat.

Peru has THE BEST sunsets I've ever seen. 

Some things that I have learned are the power and love of The Atonement. It is the center of Gods plan for us and as I've been able to apply it to my life I can feel myself drawing closer to my God. Also I've learned a lot about how to listen to the spirit. I was struggling a lot this week because I felt like I wasn't able to feel the spirit. I was wondering what the heck I was doing here. I got called to give my talk in sacrament meeting (which I didn't write) and ended up blubbering on the stand about how I was struggling.

The branch president after all the talks were given addressed my question/ problem/ whatever you wanna call it, and told us how Elder Bendar had come earlier and had answered some questions from the missionaries here. One question was about how this one elder wasn't feeling that he was drawing closer to God. Elder Bednar asked him if he was a good boy, the elder answered yes, and then Bednar responded with a "then cut it out"! As long as we are just striving to be a good boy or girl, we needn't stress ourselves out about not being able to feel every single little thing. The spirit works in many ways, and I don't have time, but I implore any who are wondering to see the section in preach my gospel about the different ways the spirit can touch our lives. It doesn't always have to be a burning or a voice, but even just a positive attitude, a change from light to dark or an assuredly of what we are suppose to do.

My times up so I have to wish you all farewell for now!

Since I'm leaving soon, if you are sending any letters (cough cough) then I'll have a new address, which my wonderful mother will change on my blog.

P-day with my companion.

Much love,
Hermana Bowers 

No comments:

Post a Comment